Bar Chicks - Blackened Chicken Sliders11 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 9 hr
“I liked these that a local restaurant chain made so much, I came up with my own take on this. Blackened chicken with a chipotle aioli and caramelized onion just complement each other well. These are good mini-sized or meal-sized. It's easy to prep ingredients ahead of time and just cook the chicken when you are ready. For large sandwiches, cut each chicken breast into 2 pieces.” - by cloud2sunshine
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix white wine, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and Worcestershire sauce together in a resealable bag; add chicken and seal bag. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Mix 1 tablespoon salt, onion powder, sugar, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and oregano together in a bowl for the blackened seasoning; transfer to a shaker or an air-tight container.
- Place mayonnaise, chives, garlic, 1 teaspoon lime juice, ground chipotle pepper, salt, and black pepper in a food processor; pulse together until chives are minced and aioli is smooth and evenly mixed. Transfer to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter together in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until onion is very tender and dark brown, about 30 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Spray chicken pieces with cooking spray and sprinkle all sides with blackened seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet; cook chicken until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side.
- Assemble sliders by layering a piece of chicken, a strip of Cheddar cheese, and a spoonful of caramelized onion onto the bottom of each bun. Place a dollop of aioli on the top portion of bun before placing atop onion layer, forming a sandwich.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1046 cal
- 53.7 g
- 74.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"This was a great starting point for a fabulous recipe! We used lemon instead of lime juice in the marinade, only 1 cup of white wine (per other reviews) and probably marinated it for only 6 hours, bu..." See moret it turned out perfectly. We used a blackening seasoning we already had and the chicken was the hit of our dinner party. We had lots of compliments on the aioli, though we did substitute ancho chili powder instead of chipotle due to availability. Thank you so much for the great recipe - these fabulous chicken sandwiches will definitely be making it into our regular recipe rotation!"
"I may be biased as this was my recipe, but I love it. Yes, it can be a very spicy seasoning rub, but you can put as little or as much as youd like or use something different to suit your tastes as oth..." See moreers have done. I am so glad so many people are enjoying this recipe!"
"The chicken is very tasty. The overall taste is interesting (unusual and good). But 5 stars? No. This isn't the sort of thing you make when your mother-in-law visits so that you can secretly smirk w..." See morehen she takes her first bite. This isn't as good as the best chicken sandwich I've ever tasted. It's an above-average chicken sandwich that requires a considerably above-average effort and list of ingredients to put together. Definitely worth trying, but definitely not worth 5 stars."
Blackened Chicken Pizza with Yellow Tomato Salsa
Chicken Cordon Bleu with Mornay Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.