Chocolate-Chipper Cake0 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“Pears are blended into the batter of this rich chocolate sheet cake that's topped when still warm with chocolate chips and chopped pecans.” - by Del Monte
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven according to directions on package. Coat a 13-inch by 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using the can of pears, pound the pecans (in its package or in a baggie) until they resemble a fine chop and set the nuts aside.
- Combine the cake mix, pears and its syrup, eggs, water, and oil in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat according to package directions. (Note, the pears will break down and become smooth while beating.) Pour batter into the cake pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the cake. Top with the nuts. Place cake in cake pan on cooling rack for 1 hour or until cooled completely.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 265 cal
- 15.6 g
- 32.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Lisa's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake
Chicken Pear Salad with Blue Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.