Savory Sweet Potato Muffins with Bacon0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“When I lived in New Zealand, there was an abundance of kumara (their version of our sweet potato) and it was used in everything from curries to muffins. I came up with this recipe to fuse those two ideas, but mainly to appeal to my then 2-year-old, a picky eater who loved finger foods. I serve it with fruit for a complete meal.” - by avecchocolat
Original recipe yields 1 dozen muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups with butter. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place sweet potato and bacon on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes; flip sweet potato and bacon. Bake until sweet potato is tender and bacon is crisp, about 20 more minutes. Let bacon cool on paper towels.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, curry powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir in Cheddar cheese until coated.
- Peel sweet potato and transfer to a bowl; roughly mash. Measure out 1 cup of mashed sweet potato. Chop bacon and stir into onion.
- Whisk eggs vigorously in a separate bowl. Add milk, sour cream, and butter; whisk until smooth. Fold in 1 cup sweet potato, bacon, and onions. Gently stir the sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture, using a rubber spatula, until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Cool muffins in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 287 cal
- 16.7 g
- 25.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins
Sweet Potato Zucchini Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.