Warm Brussels Sprout Salad with Hazelnuts and Cranberries3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Brussels sprouts, hazelnuts, and cranberries combine to make a salad that even kids will want to eat. The colors and flavors make a great fall or holiday side dish, but we have been enjoying it all summer as well. I have never liked Brussels sprouts, but they are my husband's favorite vegetable. He doesn't like nuts. This recipe however, pleases both of us. I created the recipe one day when I needed to bring a salad to a church dinner. It was a hit. Also delicious as a cold salad, if you prefer.” - by aayers1
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until coated. Transfer coated sprouts to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sprouts are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cook and stir hazelnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer hazelnuts to a bowl.
- Cook and stir bacon in the same skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Add maple syrup and rosemary; cook, stirring often, until the bacon drippings and maple syrup begin to thicken and stick to the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Combine cooked Brussels sprouts and bacon mixture together in a large bowl; toss until sprouts are coated with maple syrup sauce. Sprinkle in hazelnuts, cranberries, and Pecorino-Romano cheese; toss well. This dish is best served warm.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 304 cal
- 18.8 g
- 31.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for Thanksgiving to take to my Aunt's House. It was so good. It's definitely a keeper and I will be making it again soon!..." See more"
"I enjoyed this very much, only change I made was to omit the rosemary and use oregano. (I HATE rosemary) Surprisingly, I liked this better than my boyfriend who just wants me to stick to them sauted..." See more with bacon."
Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Warm Brussels Sprout, Bacon and Spinach Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.