Thanksgiving Leftover Stuffed Shells2 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“I made this for our family Thanksgiving Leftover Cook-Off. It is cheesy, baked stuffed shells using leftover turkey, stuffing, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, grated Swiss cheese, and leftover gravy. Very easy, but very rich.” - by ellenz
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook shell pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk flour into 3 tablespoons of turkey broth in a bowl until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps; transfer to a saucepan. Whisk turkey gravy, sherry, and 1/2 cup turkey broth into the flour mixture and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook until thick, about 5 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
- Process turkey and stuffing in a food processor until finely ground, about 1 minute. Add ricotta cheese, Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese to the food processor and blend until filling is thoroughly combined, about 1 more minute. Add egg and pulse 1 or 2 times to combine. Transfer turkey and cheese filling to a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 cup more mozzarella cheese and chopped parsley.
- Pour about 1/4 of the turkey gravy mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish and swirl to coat the bottom. Stuff shells with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the turkey filling and arrange in the baking dish. Pour remaining turkey gravy over the shells and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese over the gravy. Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is set, the casserole is bubbling, and the cheese topping has melted, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 494 cal
- 20.3 g
- 39.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I made this recipe using leftover chicken and gravy. I was a little skeptical when I started mixing the shredded meat in with the cheese, and almost abandoned the effort midway through. I'm glad I did..." See moren't; it was quite different, but in a good way."
Stuffed Shells III
Chicken Stuffed Shells
Just swipe to see more like this.