Sweet Potato and Date Casserole1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“The sweetness of dates goes hand in hand with the smoothness of sweet potatoes and the crunchy topping. Get good quality dates, it makes a big difference. Popular dish at Thanksgiving and never any leftovers!” - by dafne4130
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir sweet potatoes, dates, 3/4 cup brown sugar, eggs, 1/2 cup melted butter, cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot, about 20 minutes.
- Mix granola cereal, 1/2 cup brown sugar, pecans, and flour in a bowl until the mixture is crumbly; pour 1/3 cup melted butter into granola mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle the granola topping over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake until topping is lightly golden brown, about 15 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 780 cal
- 46.5 g
- 86.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Dates and sweet potatoes Do go great together. I skipped the sugar, and added a few more dates, skipped the heavy cream and granola and it was still delish! Simple and not too sweet. Surprised there ..." See moreare not more recipes combining these 2 flavors."
Sweet Potato Casserole IV
Tangerine Sweet Potato Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.