Dark Chocolate Caramel Panna Cotta1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Two layers of rich chocolate panna cotta with a layer of homemade caramel between are topped with whipped cream in this elegant dessert.” - by Ghirardelli®
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- For caramel, in a medium heavy saucepan, stir together the 1/4 cup whipping cream, the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally; reduce heat to medium. Boil gently for 2 additional minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Set aside while preparing chocolate mixture.
- Place water in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the surface. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- For chocolate mixture, in a medium saucepan, combine the 1 cup whipping cream and the granulated sugar. Heat over medium-low heat until the mixture almost comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Add softened gelatin; stir until it dissolves. Add Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir to mix in chocolate. Whisk in sour cream.
- Fill twelve 2-ounce shot glasses, ramekins, or other small dessert dishes 1/3 to 1/2 full of chocolate mixture. Chill for 20 minutes or until just set. Divide caramel evenly among the glasses; chill for 15 minutes. Spoon on or pour in the remaining chocolate mixture. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the 1/4 cup whipping cream and the powdered sugar until soft peaks form (tips curl). To serve, top each panna cotta with a dollop of whipped cream,and, if desired, a piece of Ghirardelli Milk & Caramel SQUARES™ Chocolate.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 289 cal
- 22.6 g
- 22.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Chocolate was a bit bitter and set my teeth on edge. Caramel was way too sweet. I ended up giving it to my son. He eats sugar right out of the sugar bowl...." See more"
Ghirardelli(R) Dark Chocolate Truffles
Caramel Dark Chocolate Mini Bread Puddings
Just swipe to see more like this.