Caramel Dark Chocolate Mini Bread Puddings0 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“After a special dinner serve chocolate and caramel mini bread puddings topped with a creamy chocolate sauce.” - by Ghirardelli®
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat 12 ovenproof espresso cups (the equivalent of six 4 ounce ramekins) with nonstick cooking spray (or line 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with a double thickness of foil bake cups); set aside. Place bread cubes and 1/2 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips into prepared cups. Tuck pieces of Ghirardelli Milk & Caramel SQUARES™ Chocolate into each cup.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, the 1-1/2 cups half-and-half, the 1/4 cup sugar, the vanilla, and cinnamon. Slowly pour milk mixture over bread and chocolate squares, allowing the bread to soak up the egg mixture.
- Place filled cups in a shallow baking pan. (If using muffin pans, they can be placed directly in the oven.) Bake, uncovered, about 25 minutes or until tops are puffed and a knife inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in cups for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small heavy saucepan, heat and stir the 1/2 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and the butter over low heat. Add the 1/3 cup sugar; gradually stir in the 1/4 cup half-and-half; stir to dissolve the sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Boil gently over low heat for 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. If desired, stir in liqueur. Cool slightly. Serve sauce over puddings.
- Any leftover puddings and sauce may be cooled completely, covered, and stored separately in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 288 cal
- 16.5 g
- 32 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Ghirardelli Chocolate Brownies with Peppermint Bark
Ghirardelli Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Hearts
Just swipe to see more like this.