Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes with White Chocolate Mousse1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 12 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 42 min
“Mini red velvet cupcakes are filled and topped with creamy white chocolate mousse.” - by Ghirardelli®
Original recipe yields 18 cupcakes
- For White Chocolate Mousse, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine Ghirardelli® Classic White Chocolate Baking Chips, whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook on medium power (50 percent) for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 60 seconds. If chocolate is not melted, return to microwave and repeat heating step, stirring every 30 seconds to avoid scorching. Stir until smooth. Cover and chill for 3 hours or until well chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line eighteen 1-1/4-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Set aside.
- For batter, in a small bowl, stir together flour, Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat softened butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar; beat on medium speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes more, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, food coloring, and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. In a small bowl, combine baking soda and vinegar; stir into batter.
- Divide batter among the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 12 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from cups and cool completely on a wire rack.*
- When cupcakes are cool, beat White Chocolate Mousse with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until light and fluffy. Spoon mixture either into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, or spoon into a large self-sealing plastic bag and snip off the corner.
- Insert pastry bag into top of each cupcake; squeeze as much filling into center of each as possible (you will see top of cupcake start to expand). Pipe a small amount of mousse mixture onto the top of each cake. (If using a plastic bag without a pastry tip, cut a slit into the top of each cupcake before squeezing in filling.) Enjoy immediately or chill in an airtight container for up to 4 hours.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 247 cal
- 15.6 g
- 24.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"this was a great and easy receipe even for a novice baker. i found that it makes 24 mini cupcakes. Also, i had enough white chocolate mousse for 3 batches of cupcakes...." See more"
Ghirardelli Chocolate Mousse
Caramel Dark Chocolate Mini Bread Puddings
Just swipe to see more like this.