Spinach Manicotti with Italian Sausage3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Old world-style manicotti dish with a couple of my own touches. Absolutely delicious! The best manicotti recipe out there! I recommend using Bertolli® Italian Sausage, Marinara with Burgundy Wine, or Tomato and Basil sauce flavors.” - by Cherokee Princess
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and immerse spinach in the boiling water until dark green and softened, about 2 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes, stirring often. Drain excess grease. Combine spinach and sausage in a bowl. Mix cottage cheese and 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese into sausage and spinach, stirring until filling is thoroughly combined.
- Use your fingers to stuff uncooked manicotti shells with stuffing. Lay stuffed manicotti into a baking dish, side by side, and pour both jars of sauce over manicotti.
- Bake in the preheated oven until manicotti are tender but still slightly firm to the bite and the filling is hot, 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese over the dish, let the cheese melt, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 765 cal
- 35.4 g
- 63.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I made this dish exactly to the recipe. It turned out great! Flavorful and very filling! The filling that you stuff the shells with makes quite a bit - I stuffed a whole box of 14 shells ( mind you..." See more they were not the large shells) to the brim and I still had about 3 cups of the filling left over. I made a lasagna with the left over and froze it for another meal so not too bad of a problem after all :) ! My suggestion would be to scale down the filling ingredients or make sure to have more shells on hand and buy the larger shells. Perfect recipe for company or a larger group!"
"Very good dish! It made a lot of filling- I had enough for all 12 manicotti and probably could have filled 3 more. I froze half of them, since it was only 2 of us eating that night. These are very c..." See morereamy and flavorful. Only change I made was to add about a tablespoon of minced garlic to the meat. Will make this one again!"
"Loved this recipe! I used ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese and put a couple cloves of garlic in the mixture and blended it all together in the food processor. SO good! It was so tasty that I ..." See morekept sampling the stuffing mixture and by the time dinner was ready I didn't have an appetite anymore Haha!"
Spinach Cheese Manicotti
Delicious Spinach Manicotti
Just swipe to see more like this.