Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“The melted cheese and bacon make these irresistible! These mushrooms are simple and delicious! Add some of your diced favorites! Omit bacon for vegetarian version.” - by auntfanny
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon slices to paper towels, reserving bacon drippings in the skillet. Crumble bacon when cooled.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set stems aside. Place mushrooms, hollow sides up, on a baking sheet; brush the insides with melted butter.
- Chop mushroom stems; cook and stir chopped stems, black olives, green onion, and crumbled bacon in the bacon drippings over medium heat until mushroom stems release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; stir to coat.
- Tilt the skillet slightly; move vegetable-bacon mixture to one side, allowing the bacon drippings to pool to the other side. Whisk flour into bacon drippings until smooth and paste-like; slowly stir in milk until gravy is smooth. Mix vegetable-bacon mixture into the gravy. Add American cheese and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cheeses melt, about 5 minutes. Spoon filling into mushroom caps.
- Bake in the preheated oven until mushrooms are tender and filling is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove mushrooms from baking sheet and cool on platter for 2 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 258 cal
- 22.1 g
- 7.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for the first time on Thanks Giving Day 2012 and it turn out perfect and easy to make yummy !!..." See more"
"Just made this recipe a couple of days ago for a party. They are to die for! I used more 2 more slices of bacon and twice the garlic that what the recipe says. I also hollowed out the mushrooms a bi..." See moret more to make room for more stuffing. People could not stop eating them. Definitely a keeper!"
Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
Cheesy Mashed Potato Stuffed Mushrooms
Just swipe to see more like this.