Strawberry Shortcake6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“An 8-inch square steamed shortcake is layered with strawberries and sweetened whipped cream. Use your favorite liqueur in the whipped cream.” - by TRISHANN_Y
Original recipe yields 1 - 8x8 inch cake
- Butter and flour an 8x8 inch baking dish and line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with 1 cup sugar until foamy. Fold in flour. Stir in milk and butter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Place pan on a rack in a hot steamer. Steam over high heat 25 to 30 minutes, until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Invert on wire rack to cool completely.
- Whip cream with 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in vanilla and liqueur.
- Slice cooled cake into three layers. Layer with whipped cream and strawberries. Serve at once.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 302 cal
- 13.1 g
- 42.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Necessity is the mother of invention. I had no steamer so I put the cake pan on an inverted pie plate in my electric frying pan, filled the pan with water (not quite touching the cake pan), and cooked..." See more it for 25 minutes at 325F. Perfect! This cake is so sweet that I would prefer less sugar in the whipped cream, and more than 1 cup of cream."
"I'm giving this recipe 5 stars for two reasons. A 5 for ease. And, a 5 for yummy-ness! After reading the reviews, I decided to use my electric skillet instead of trying to convert to the baking metho..." See mored. It worked wonderfully. I'm posting a picture of the cooking method, not the the finished product, because i think this is a recipe worth making and cooks should not pass on this recipe or be intimidated to try the ELECTRIC Skillet method. This Shortcake recipe is a WINNER!!! I've made it 3 times now and it has been eaten gone each time. I will NEVER buy those little grocery store shortcakes again!"
Old Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake
Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcake
Just swipe to see more like this.