Pumpkin Pie Coffee Cake5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Good for pre-Black Friday shopping or for Thanksgiving morning breakfast.” - by lynn13
Original recipe yields 1 9x12-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Mix 3 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt together in a bowl. Stir in 1 cup white sugar, brown sugar, 1 cup melted butter, 2 eggs, and vanilla extract until batter is just combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly done, 5 minutes.
- Beat 1 cup white sugar and 1 cup melted butter together in a bowl until creamy. Stir in pumpkin puree, 1 cup flour, 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt until batter is smooth. Pour batter over the partially-baked bottom layer.
- Mix 1 tablespoon white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a small bowl; sprinkle over pumpkin layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 474 cal
- 24.6 g
- 61.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Just made this one and it turned out pretty good. I cooked it in a 9x13 pyrex dish at 375* for about 45 minutes, and still feel like the bottom half could have been cooked longer. I'll definitely be..." See more leaving that half in the oven for at least 10 minutes before adding the top portion. Lastly, felt like there was too much butter in the bottom half. I will try it with 3/4 cup next time."
The King's kid
"Edited 11/23/12 - 24 hours after baking, family said this recipe to be a winner. Did not think so, however, an hour after baking. Original comment dated 11/21/12 - I was really hoping to take a sweet ..." See moretreat to Thanksgiving family dinner, but it is almost tasteless. Might taste better after sitting out all night. Did not tweak recipe; followed it as written. First batter was more like cookie dough. It did not pour out of bowl. Had to spoon out with spatula and spread on bottom of 9x13 inch non-stick metal pan. Baked at 350 degrees F. First layer definitely needs more baking time; didn't add it, though. Figured the next layer would bake bottom layer as well, even after adding 10 minutes then 5. It didn't solidify like cake. Dared not leave in longer as top layer started cracking. Taste-test was disappointing. Could be my spices were not fresh enough."
Pumpkin Pie Cake I
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.