Chef John's Pumpkin Pie27 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“After many years of experimentation, I've finally perfected what I think is the ideal formula for a rich pumpkin pie that's also much less likely to crack on top.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and egg in a large bowl until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and Chinese 5-spice powder; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Fit pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate and crimp edges.
- Pour filling into the pie shell and lightly tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until just set in the middle, 30 to 40 minutes. A paring knife inserted into the filling, 1 inch from the crust, should come out clean. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 320 cal
- 14.2 g
- 41.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (27)Rate This Recipe
"The PERFECT pumpkin pie. Delicately spiced, lightly sweetened with absolutely NO CRACKS. VERY good. NOTE: I did cover the pie halfway through with foil to keep the crust from burning...." See more"
"A friend brought this pie to our Thanksgiving dinner today. I was skeptical about anything that differed from the traditional pumpkin pie recipe that I have been making for decades. Was I wrong! I lov..." See moree the texture of this pie, and it is not too sweet. It's the only pumpkin pie I'll make from now on - thanks, Chef John (and thanks to my friend Sue for bringing this great pie to our Thanksgiving celebration.)"
No Bake Pumpkin Pie I
Pumpkin Pie with Truvia(R) Natural Sweetener
Just swipe to see more like this.