Quinoa Broccoli Casserole12 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This is vegetarian comfort super-food. Warm, gooey, and delicious. Serve with a green salad and sliced fruit.” - by SketchyRecipe
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place quinoa in a bowl; pour in enough water to cover. Soak for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse several times.
- Bring quinoa, water, olive oil, and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir broccoli, cream of mushroom soup, Cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup French-fried onions, sour cream, and lemon pepper into cooked quinoa; season with salt and black pepper to taste. Spoon quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, 10 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup French-fried onions and bake until topping is lightly browned, about 5 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 494 cal
- 32.1 g
- 39.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"Full of flavors! I did make a few changes-added cauliflower to the broccoli to equal about 2.5 cups; instead of cream of mushroom soup, melted 1T butter with 1T flour then added 3/4 c veggie broth a..." See morend 1/2 c half and half and simmered for 5 minutes; instead of french-fried onions I used 1/2 c chopped onion, and topped the whole dish with homemade seasoned bread crumbs. We will definitely use this again!"
"Very yummy!! I might have cooked the quinoa a bit less next time because I like it a bit more 'poppy' or crunchy, but I enjoyed it much better than regular rice and I am a big fan of rice...." See more"
Easy Broccoli Quinoa Soup
Awesome Broccoli Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.