Crunchy Bread Stix - Fowlerville Pizzeria Style0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 5 min
“Great crunchy bread sticks in the grand fashion of the old Fowlerville Pizzeria. A real treat!” - by Sammy D.
Original recipe yields 40 bread sticks
- Combine flour, water, yeast, dry milk powder, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and salt in the mixing bowl of a large stand mixer; knead into a soft, smooth dough, about 7 minutes.
- Place into a warm area and let rise until doubled, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Transfer dough to an oiled work surface; roll with a rolling pin into a 10x20-inch rectangle. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roll dough again lightly to press seeds into surface. Use a pizza wheel or sharp knife to cut dough along the shorter edge into 1/4- to 1/2-inch wide strips. Hold each breadstick by both ends and twist once.
- Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper. Transfer bread sticks to prepared baking sheets; cover with a kitchen towel and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bake bread sticks in the preheated oven until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (40 total)
- 48 cal
- 1.9 g
- 6.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Italian Bread Using a Bread Machine
Habanero, Rosemary, and Cheddar Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.