Christmas Ham0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 5 hr
- Ready In: 5 hr 20 min
“This is my mother's recipe. I have given it a twist by changing the juice flavor; peach is my favorite! I use 2 liters of juice (either peach, pineapple, or passion fruit). I change it every year. It's so good, everyone who has tasted it offers to pay me to cook theirs.” - by claudiah
Original recipe yields 1 whole ham
- Place ham into a large pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer ham for 1 to 2 hours. Cut away and discard any rind and visible fat.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Score the ham in a diamond pattern and place into a roasting pan. Stir Dijon mustard and brown sugar in a bowl until thoroughly combined; brush mustard mixture onto the ham. Press a whole clove into the center of each scored diamond shape. Pour peach nectar into the roasting pan. Combine pineapple and maraschino liquid in a small bowl.
- Bake ham in the preheated oven for 3 hours, basting frequently with the pineapple juice mixture and peach nectar.
- Arrange pineapple rings over the ham and secure with toothpicks. Secure a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple ring with a toothpick.
- Bake ham until browned, tender, and fragrant, 1 to 2 more hours, basting ham and fruit frequently with pineapple juice mixture and pan juices.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 607 cal
- 30.3 g
- 42.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Tangy Honey Glazed Ham
Apricot Glazed Ham
Just swipe to see more like this.