Baked Pears with Wine and Walnut Cream0 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Sweet, fruity dessert. Garnish with orange peel and walnuts if desired.” - by paparick
Original recipe yields 8 pear halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange pears in an oven-proof pan with a tight-fitting lid; add red wine, 1/2 cup brown sugar, vanilla bean and seeds, and the peel and juice of 1 orange. Bring pear mixture to a boil; sprinkle with half the walnuts.
- Bake the pear mixture in the preheated oven until pears are tender, 20 to 30 minutes, basting pears with red wine syrup every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool; remove the vanilla bean and orange peel from the red wine syrup.
- Arrange the remaining walnuts on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, 5 minutes.
- Place the toasted walnuts in a food processor and pour in the red wine syrup; pulse until paste-like consistency. Transfer to a bowl. Whisk cream, sour cream, zest and juice of 1 orange, and 2 teaspoons brown sugar into walnut-red wine paste until smooth.
- Serve walnut-cream sauce over baked pears.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 397 cal
- 24.8 g
- 37 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Raspberry Walnut Baked Brie
Creamy Caramel-Pear Ice Cream
Just swipe to see more like this.