Oven-Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb0 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 10 hr 50 min
“I purchased a leg of lamb roast from the store recently but had no idea on how I'd cook it. After reading ideas here on Allrecipes, I came up with my own marinade. While I made this in a conventional oven, it could also be made in a slow cooker on the slow setting for 7 to 8 hours time). Hope it's a hit! There was enough marinade left that I threw it over some chicken tenders for tomorrow's dinner.” - by Robertjm
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, garlic, mint, oregano, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, white pepper, and salt together in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate marinade at least 1 hour.
- Pierce lamb in multiple places evenly over the lamb; place into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Pour marinade over the lamb, squeeze excess air from the bag, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Prepare a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Remove lamb from marinade; shake to remove excess liquid. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade; discard remainder.
- Place lamb in the middle of the prepared roasting pan.
- Combine potatoes and carrots in a large bowl. Pour vegetable oil and reserved marinade over the vegetables; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around the lamb. Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Roast lamb in preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 140 degrees F (60 degrees C), about 80 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking until firm and meat is hot and slightly pink in the center, about 10 more minutes. Rest lamb 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 558 cal
- 42.1 g
- 23.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Easter Leg of Lamb
Bacon-Wrapped Leg of Lamb with Red Wine Reduction
Just swipe to see more like this.