Sensei's Crusty Crumbled Blue Cheese Steak Topping4 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 15 min
“A rich and slightly crunchy blue cheese topping for any cut of grilled steak! If you like the blue cheese crumb crust on your steak at Outback Steakhouse® you will love this! The kids can't get enough, and they don't even like blue cheese.” - by Ski Mom
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Stir butter and horseradish together in a bowl until evenly mixed. Fold blue cheese crumbles into the butter mixture. Mix bread crumbs thoroughly into topping.
- Grill steaks until they start to firm and are reddish-pink and juicy in the center, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Transfer steaks to a broiler pan. Spread about half the blue cheese mixture atop each steak.
- Cook steaks under the broiler until the crust becomes golden, about 3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 603 cal
- 44.1 g
- 21.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This was amazing and so simple to make. We will definitely be making this again! One of the best recipes I have found on All Recipes!..." See more"
"I made this topping as written for two filet mignons wrapped in peppered bacon instead of ribeye steaks. It was outstanding! The blue cheese, horseradish, bread crumbs, and butter made an excellent ..." See morecombination of flavors with the bacon and steak. I will definitely make this recipe again. There is no need to spend outrageous sums of money going out for a steak dinner when you can make this dish for less and it will likely taste much better than the restaurant. Thanks for sharing Ski Mom."
Men Love This Steak
Just swipe to see more like this.