Lighter Simple Lasagna Roll Ups2 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“These delicious rolls use low-fat cheeses, egg whites, and whole wheat lasagna noodles to increase their nutrition. The noodles are rolled around a ball of filling, as opposed to spreading the filling over the noodle. The technique is quicker and not as messy and results with nice looking cannoli-type roll.” - by Terri1984
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Brown ground turkey with garlic in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking the turkey up as it cooks, until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Stir spinach, chives, oregano, parsley, and basil into ground turkey mixture, cook until heated through, and remove from heat.
- Lightly beat egg whites in a bowl and mix ricotta, feta, and Parmesan cheeses into beaten egg whites. Season with black pepper. Stir ground turkey mixture into cheese mixture.
- Lay cooked lasagna noodles flat onto a sheet of waxed paper. Divide filling into 8 equal portions and roll the filling into balls. Place a filling ball on one end of a noodle and roll the pasta up around the filling; repeat with remaining noodles and filling.
- Spread a thin layer of pasta sauce over the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish; place rolls into dish with seam sides down. Pour remaining pasta sauce over rolls and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese topping has melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 637 cal
- 21.6 g
- 70.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"These lasagna roll ups were quite tasty. Two whole wheat lasagna noodles per serving is a lot, though! Whole wheat lasagna noodles are much "heavier" than regular pasta, so beware! In addition, I t..." See morehought the calorie count was quite high. I re-figured mine, and it was lower than the stated 637. I used an 11 x 7 baking dish. I used the recommended ingredients, and I found the cooking times to be accurate."
Lasagna Roll Ups
Lasagna Roll Ups II
Just swipe to see more like this.