Roasted Garden Tomato Basil Soup1 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 2 hr 35 min
- Ready In: 3 hr
“Beautiful soup fit for company. Serve with gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches; add bacon and 2 different cheeses to make them extra-special.” - by mellie65
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Arrange tomatoes on a baking sheet; drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add garlic and 3 sprigs chopped thyme; toss. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven until very tender and browned, about 2 hours.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion, celery, and zucchini until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in red pepper flakes, paprika, and curry powder. Season with salt and black pepper and add remaining 3 sprigs chopped thyme. Stir in roasted tomatoes along with any liquid from the baking sheet. Cook and stir for 5 more minutes; pour chicken broth into tomato mixture. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend with an emersion blender until desired consistency. Stir in cream and basil before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 207 cal
- 18.4 g
- 9.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Everyone loved this soup. I did substitute vegetable broth for 1/2 of the chicken stock...." See more"
Garden Fresh Tomato Soup
Tomato Basil Soup II
Just swipe to see more like this.