Tasty Baked Mac n Cheese3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“I love this recipe because it's taken me so long to actually get a good tasting noodle and not just a good tasting piece of cheese on top. This recipe was just trial and error and it's really really good in my opinion. I'm really looking for feedback on this recipe. Thanks so much! This is really good even days after for leftovers. The cheese remelts and the flavor really sets in. Enjoy!” - by Eva DelBriemari
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until almost cooked through and firm to the bite, about 7 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle macaroni with 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir 1/2 cup butter into the pasta.
- Mix 1/4 cup butter, sour cream, cream cheese, sharp Cheddar cheese, and egg yolk together in a bowl. Stir flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cayenne pepper, and milk into the sour cream mixture.
- Spread 1/4 cup sour cream sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish. Stir remaining sour cream sauce into macaroni. Pour macaroni into baking dish atop sauce layer; sprinkle mild Cheddar cheese over the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and cheese topping has melted, about 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 455 cal
- 29.7 g
- 31.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Made this mac n cheese bake per recipe and my family loved it. My wife and mother-in-law and oldest daughter thought it was great as is. My youngest and I, both charter members of BLAm (Bacon Lovers o..." See moref America) will insist upon the smokey, cured goodness of pig candy being in the recipe next time. I think I might add a little fresh thyme as well as bacon next time I make this, and I will make it again. I think it is a very good rendition of a classic."
"We really enjoyed this. I followed Lisa's recommendation and cut back on the butter. I will make this again and again!..." See more"
"This mac & cheese is incredible! You have no idea what a pain it is for me to make mac & cheese here....2-3 different kinds to make everyone happy. This one pleased everyone! Yay! The only issue I had..." See more was the amount of butter. I, literally, poured 1/2c of butter off when it came out of the oven. I'm going to try halving the butter next time. That's the only thing holding this back from being a 5 star recipe for me. Yum! Thank you!!!"
Best Mac 'N Cheese Ever!
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.