Cheesy Macaroni and Hamburger Casserole6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is a hearty meal that tastes GREAT for less and has plenty of leftovers for a nice repeat meal. This tasty meal that I created had my family's thumbs up for many repeat meals!” - by jlb4710
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease an 11x13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain. Transfer to a bowl, add processed cheese cubes, and let stand until cheese partially melts.
- Place ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, break meat apart with a spatula, and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir until beef is browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Stir Cheddar cheese soup, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and onion together in a bowl; gently fold macaroni and processed cheese mixture into soup mixture. Stir in milk until thoroughly combined. Mix ground beef into macaroni mixture and spread into prepared baking dish. Top casserole with slices of American cheese and sprinkle cracker crumbs on top. Cover casserole with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling, about 20 minutes; remove foil and bake until top is golden brown, about 10 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 689 cal
- 40 g
- 50 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"My family really enjoyed this dish. I thought that the sour cream and Parmesan cheese added to the flavor...." See more"
"Forget the kids, WE adults loved this recipe...lol We didn't use american cheese slices tho, but used a pound of Cheddar shredded cheese. Also, try some sauteed onions instead of garlic powder. We..." See more could eat this at least twice a week!"
Easy Pleasy Mac N Cheesy - US Navy Style
Broccoli Hamburger Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.