Best Peppermint Bark3 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“This is my own version made with Oreos®!” - by Kristin
Original recipe yields 40 servings
- Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil.
- Place candy canes into a sturdy resealable plastic bag, place bag atop a folded kitchen towel, and lightly crush the candy canes into small pieces with a hammer.
- Combine chocolate cookie crumbs and confectioners' sugar in a bowl, mixing until crumbs are coated; stir melted margarine into cookie crumbs. Press the cookie crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared jelly roll pan.
- Heat confectioners' candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl in microwave for 50 seconds on high; stir. Continue heating candy for 15-second intervals, stirring each time, until melted, warm, and smooth. Spread candy over cookie crumb crust and smooth top with a spatula; let stand about 10 minutes to firm candy layer.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes evenly over the confectioners' coating; let stand about 2 minutes. Press candy cane pieces lightly into the coating using a piece of waxed paper. Freeze peppermint bark until set, about 1 hour. Remove from foil and break bark into pieces. Store in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving (40 total)
- 158 cal
- 7.1 g
- 23.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I submitted this recipe. I edited my recipe prior to it being published, but I think they printed the original version. A couple of tips: I find it works better with some bigger chunks of cookie. When..." See more I crush the candy canes, I put them in a resealable plastic bag with a piece of waxed paper underneath and a towel below that. This way, any pieces of candy cane that might go through the bag land on the waxed paper and can be used. I use vanilla candy bark and I thin it with about 1TBSP of shortening while heating. This makes it very easy to spread. I press the crushed candy canes into the candy coating after a couple of minutes."
"I have tried this receipe several times. I used chocolate chips the first time. It was just okay. I decided to try the Amond Bark. I loved the white almond bark the best. I quadrupled the recipe, 24 o..." See moreunces of Almond Bark to 12 regular sized peppermint sticks. I prefer to crush the peppermint sticks very well otherwise they stick in your teeth. I put in a jelly roll pan and chilled for 1 hour. YUMMO! This makes a more chunkier bark, which I loved. I have even done the Chocolate Bark, White Almond bark and even did a layer of chocolate bark, chilled for an hour, a layer of White Almond bark on top, chilled for another hour. It was good but the White Almond bark is my families favorite. I even told a friend about this recipe and she made it for her family this Christmas. They loved it too. It's easy and cheap and tastes like store bought. Merry Christmas!"
"I used vanilla candy bark, but needed twice as much to cover the cookie bottom. I also wish I would have pressed the crushed peppermint candy into the melted bark right away. Doing it the way sugges..." See moreted does not keep it from falling off when broken into pieces. It is a very good peppermint bark recipe, especially with the oreo cookie bottom!"
Holiday Peppermint Bark
Milk Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Just swipe to see more like this.