Candy Cane Snowball Cookies2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 10 min
“These shortbread-like cookies are complemented with a sweet candy and crushed peppermint coating. My best friend made these for me one Christmas, and they were instantly added to my 'yearly Christmas cookie' list.” - by Lkauff
Original recipe yields 5 dozen cookies
- Beat butter and confectioners' sugar in a bowl until creamy; stir vanilla extract into butter mixture. Gradually beat flour into mixture to make a smooth dough. Stir pecans into dough; refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove to cool on wire racks.
- Place crushed peppermints into a shallow bowl. Microwave confectioners' coating in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds; stir. Continue heating in 15-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until coating is warm and smooth. Dip tops of cooled cookies in coating, then press into crushed candy. Set cookies aside to let coating set.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 127 cal
- 8.7 g
- 11.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I made this recipe exactly as written, but mine didn't come out looking so great. I chilled for about 5 hours, but upon scooping and rolling them for the baking sheet, they warmed slightly, and as soo..." See moren as they went into the oven they started to spread. Eventually they baked up semi-flat, with light golden bottoms and crispy edges. Even so, the flavor was really good, even after a week they were still soft and buttery. They would also be great with almond extract instead of the vanilla."
"AWESOME cookies! They are a shortbread type of cookie with the tops dipped in melted white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy canes. I started out making just half a batch, as I was not sure..." See more how they would turn out... loved them SO much that I am making another batch! I rolled into smaller balls, maybe 1/2 inch balls so that I could make more.... I also adjusted the cooking time since I made them smaller, I think 15 minutes and I started checking them.... a light, light brown on the bottom tasted best..... Also, I refrigerated the dough overnight and it was rock-hard, so you have to allow at least 30 minutes to thaw before rolling into balls."
White Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Punch Bowl Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.