Corn and Porcini Mushroom Cornbread Dressing0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 33 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 33 min
“I was trying to do a simple, wild mushroom-studded sweet corn casserole to reinforce our holiday side dish repertoire, and before I knew it, I was eating the best, most flavorful cornbread dressing I'd ever tasted. Not only that, but we completely eliminated the step of having to make cornbread first!” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch casserole
- Place mushrooms in a small bowl, cover with hot water, and allow to soak until mushrooms have softened, about 30 minutes. Remove mushrooms from the bowl, squeeze to drain, and chop finely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking soda, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped mushrooms and stir until lightly cooked and softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir eggs, buttermilk, and milk into flour mixture. Add mushroom mixture and corn; stir until well mixed. Fold in green onions. Transfer batter to the prepared baking dish and tap on a flat work surface 2 to 3 times to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden on top, 30 to 35 minutes. A paring knife inserted into the center should come out clean.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 215 cal
- 9.5 g
- 28.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Sweet Corn Tomalito
Oyster and Cornbread Dressing
Just swipe to see more like this.