Easy Beginner's Turkey with Stuffing20 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 4 hr
- Ready In: 4 hr 30 min
“This easy to make turkey is great for beginners, but experts will find it equally delicious. Adjust the cooking time for different sized birds.” - by DD123
Original recipe yields 1 - turkey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rinse turkey, remove giblets and place in a shallow roasting pan.
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Mix in water.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and slowly cook and stir the celery and onion until tender.
- Mix celery, onion, and toasted bread pieces into the stuffing, and season with salt and pepper. Loosely scoop stuffing into the turkey body cavity and neck cavity. Rub the exterior of the turkey with vegetable oil.
- Loosely cover turkey with aluminum foil, and roast 3 1/2 to 4 hours in the preheated oven, until the thickest part of the thigh reaches 180 degrees F (85 degrees C) and the interior of the stuffing reaches 165 degrees F (70 degrees C). Remove foil during the last half hour of cooking to brown the bird.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 835 cal
- 40.4 g
- 15.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"I used this recipe last year for my first Thanksgiving in attempt to impress my mother and my mother-in-law. I was successful both ways. The entire family complimented my cooking ability. In fact, ..." See morethis year I was asked to have Thanksgiving again. And the first thing I did was look up this recipe. Thank you so much! I think I may modify it a bit by pouring over a bottle of beer or wrapping it in bacon...."
"This is my first time making a turkey. My family love it! I brushed the outside of the turkey with melted unsalted butter instead of vegetable oil and it gave it a nice golden color. I removed the ..." See morefoil during the last 45 minutes of cooking and basted about every 10 minutes. I will be making it again."
Easy Herb Roasted Turkey
Easy Smoked Turkey
Just swipe to see more like this.