Tomato Bruschetta1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This recipe has been modified slightly over tim, but is always a winner, whether for an appetizer or main dish. It even works with winter store-bought tomatoes. The vinegar and basil bring out the flavors.” - by Joy Andrews
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Combine tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, basil, and garlic; let tomato mixture rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Arrange French bread slices on a large baking sheet; drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Toast bread in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 1 minute on each side. Top bread slices with tomato mixture using a slotted spoon, allowing excess liquid to drain. Return bread to baking sheet and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil in preheated oven until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 248 cal
- 12.2 g
- 28.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Just REALLY good! The next time that I make this, I'll try using white balsamic because you will lose the vibrant red color if it sits too long. White is milder in flavor, but it would be worth it t..." See moreo keep this bruschetta's eye appeal."
Double Tomato Bruschetta
Roasted Pepper and Asiago Chicken Sausage Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
Just swipe to see more like this.