Marinated Pork Roast With Apricot Sauce4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 2 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 6 hr 50 min
“Sweet and tangy, incredibly simple, abundant in flavor! Bon appetit!” - by trigirl
Original recipe yields 1 pork loin roast
- Stir 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup sherry, mustard powder, thyme, garlic, and ginger together in a large, shallow bowl. Place pork roast into marinade and cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight for best flavor, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place marinated pork roast onto a rack set into a roasting pan; discard the used marinade. Insert a probe-type meat thermometer into thickest part of the roast.
- Roast pork loin until thermometer reads 170 degrees F (75 degrees C), 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Combine apricot preserves, 2 tablespoons sherry, and 1 teaspoon soy sauce in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until preserves melt. Serve apricot sauce with sliced pork roast.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 671 cal
- 30.8 g
- 37.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Love this recipe! I had everything on hand so I didn't have to run out for any ingredients. The sauce was simple and a big hit with my children. This recipe went right into my recipe box...." See more"
"We cut our pork loin roast into thick chops since just two of us. I Marinated all day in the marinade. We just grilled our pork loins on the gas grill since it was a bit warm for the oven. The pork wa..." See mores so moist and simply tasted wonderful. The apricot sauce was a bit sweet for me, and I really couldn't taste the Sherry or Soy in it, but my husband loved it. I used Simply Fruit Apricot preserves. We're going to give this recipe another try but next time use the sauce as a basting while cooking and reserve a bit for dipping."
"Yummy! I will confess that I was looking for a sauce/glaze when I found this recipe and used another marinade that I like. Next time I will try the marinade as well but, just the sauce is elegant, sim..." See moreple and perfect for a pork loin. If the marinade is as good, it will be a five star for sure."
Simple Savory Pork Roast
Just swipe to see more like this.