Fruit-Stuffed Pork Loin1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 40 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Pork is an excellent choice for a holiday family dinner. Stuffed with orange- and ginger-accented dried fruit, the glazed roast slices beautifully and appeals to all ages.” - by cpchef
Original recipe yields 1 stuffed pork loin roast
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix prunes, apricots, ginger, orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and cinnamon in a bowl; season with salt and black pepper.
- Open pork roast and spoon stuffing down the center; fold meat over stuffing and tie securely in several places with kitchen twine. Set roast onto a rack in a roasting pan.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon cumin, and mustard powder into a paste; spread brown sugar mixture over the roast.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted into center of stuffing reads 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer roast to a serving platter and tent with aluminum foil while you make gravy.
- Skim fat from roasting pan and transfer defatted drippings into a small saucepan. Pour 1/2 cup water into roasting pan and scrape up and dissolve any browned bits of food into water; pour into saucepan with pan juices. Bring pan juices to a boil over medium heat. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl and whisk cornstarch mixture into pan juices, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 minute. Strain gravy into a gravy boat. Serve gravy with roast.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 435 cal
- 20.1 g
- 25.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for Christmas Eve dinner. It was great!! The only thing is I didn't make any gravy be cause I didn't have enough fat drippings, but I think it was better without the gravy...." See more"
Rosemary-Scented Pork Loin Stuffed With Roasted Garlic, Dried Apricots and Cranberries and Port Wine Pan Sauce
Orange Soy Pork Loin
Just swipe to see more like this.