Eggless Fruitcake2 Reviews
- Prep: 1 day 9 hr 40 min
- Cook: 5 day 6 hr 18 min
- Ready In: 6 day 15 hr 58 min
“Not a high riser but a simple cake and easy to make. Pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for the mixed spice in this recipe. If you can't find self-rising flour, substitute 1 cup all-purpose flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder + 1/2 teaspoon salt for each cup of self-rising flour.” - by BME
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a saucepan, combine the water, butter, sugar, nutmeg, mixed spice and fruit. Stir over medium heat until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly until lukewarm. Stir in baking soda.
- Sift flour into a large bowl and make a well in the center. Pour the fruit mixture into the flour, and mix together until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing surface with the back of a spoon. Bake in the preheated oven for 75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack and cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 198 cal
- 8 g
- 30.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Just swipe to see more like this.