Christmas Pork Roast2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This is a recipe I made up when my husband requested a 'roast that tastes like Christmas.' It's a savory-sweet pork roast with cranberries, apples, and cloves. You can add ground cloves to the glaze instead of using whole cloves.” - by Steffamie
Original recipe yields 1 pork roast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place pork roast into a roasting pan; push whole cloves into the meat. Cover the roast with apple slices.
- Mash cranberry sauce in a bowl with a potato masher; stir chicken broth, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger into cranberries. Pour about half the cranberry mixture over the pork roast. Cover with a lid or a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Pour remaining cranberry mixture over roast. Sprinkle orange zest over the cranberry sauce.
- Return to oven and roast until cranberry mixture forms a glaze and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of the meat reads at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees C), about 30 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 676 cal
- 25.4 g
- 61.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was delicious. I used ground cloves instead of whole, but I should have used a little less of all of the spices. But even still, it was great. I will definitely make this next Christmas!..." See more"
"Despite getting the wrong cranberry sauce at the store (we got the regular ol' cranberry jelly), and not having any ginger, this was amazing! The kids LOVED the glaze (while the roast was resting, I ..." See morepoured it into a sauce pan and added some cornstarch to thicken it up some) and kept asking for more, the hubby kept remarking at the flavor and the juiciness of the pork, and while it was cooking, it made the entire house smell divine. This is going in the "tried & true" list for sure."
Quick Savory Cranberry Glazed Pork Loin Roast
Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast with Apple Cranberry Rice
Just swipe to see more like this.