Christmas Morning Wife Saver (Breakfast Casserole)6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 9 hr 20 min
“I certainly cannot take credit for this recipe but it is a Christmas classic. There are lots of little things to personalize this recipe. I have suggested using red and green bell peppers because they are Christmas colors! I also use grated cheese and spread it over the Canadian bacon instead of cheese slices. I have used regular bacon in this recipe, but I find that it overpowers the rest of the flavors. Make this tasty breakfast dish the night before and just pop it in the oven on Christmas morning; let it cook while you open gifts and sip your rum-spiked coffee!” - by Toby
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch casserole
- Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish. Cut and fit 8 slices of bread to fit over entire bottom of dish. Cover bread with slices of Canadian bacon and sharp Cheddar cheese. Cut and fit remaining 8 slices of bread to completely cover bacon and cheese.
- Whisk eggs with salt and black pepper in a bowl. Whisk dry mustard, onion, diced green and red bell pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce into eggs. Whisk in milk until egg mixture is smoothly combined. Pour egg mixture evenly over the casserole. Cover the dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour melted butter evenly over the casserole and sprinkle corn flake crumbs over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and lightly browned, about 1 hour. Let casserole stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 647 cal
- 41.4 g
- 35.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Christmas tradition in our house for years! Cannot wait to make it this year...." See more"
"This indeed WAS a wife saver Christmas morning! Easy to throw together the night before. I DID omit the peppers from it only because I'm the only person in the house who likes them. The whole family l..." See moreiked it a lot. Now that I've made it I can see where it could be very easy to play around with it using different meats and such if one were wanting to do so."
Christmas Breakfast Sausage Casserole
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.