Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 9 hr 30 min
“French toast casserole is served with a drizzle of warm homemade strawberry sauce.” - by Tamala
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch casserole
- Generously grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange half the bread cubes in the prepared baking dish. Evenly distribute cream cheese cubes over the bread cube layer; sprinkle 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries atop cream cheese layer. Layer the remaining bread cubes over strawberry layer.
- Pour half-and-half into a blender; pulse for a few seconds. Blend eggs into half-and-half until fully incorporated. Add maple syrup and blend until smooth. Pour mixture evenly over bread mixture. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator 45 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake the covered casserole in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until French toast is puffed and golden brown, about 30 more minutes.
- Stir sugar, water, and cornstarch together in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes. Mix 1 cup sliced strawberries into the sugar mixture; cook and stir until strawberries are softened, about 10 minutes. Add butter and stir sauce until butter is melted.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 433 cal
- 24.5 g
- 42.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I made half a recipe and baked in a 10"x7" dish. I knew once I filled the baking dish that it would take longer to cook since it was deeper, and it did take nearly 1-1/2 hrs. The bread cubes on the..." See more top were starting to get a little too brown, so I just put a piece over foil over the dish until it was cooked through. I had some blueberries in the fridge, so I added them to the strawberry layer. For the strawberry sauce, I used both sliced and chopped strawberries and probably added more strawberries than the recipe called for. I forgot to add the butter to the sauce at the end, but I really didn't miss it, so probably wouldn't add in the future and just save a little fat. I used FF half-and-half and reduced fat cream cheese which melted beautifully in the center. This is soooooo easy to make, and its presentation is impressive. It was a treat for sure, and I wouldn't hesitate to serve this to company. Thanks, Tamala, for sharing your recipe."
"I made this for our Christmas morning breakfast, it was a hit everyone loved it. It was very easy to make, for the bread peices I used texas bread and it worked out great!..." See more"
Creme Brulee French Toast
Blueberry French Toast
Just swipe to see more like this.