White Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“Colorful cookies, sure to be a hit during the holiday season. Use any variety of jam for the center. Cookies may be refrigerated to set chocolate.” - by Sharon
Original recipe yields 6 dozen cookies
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until creamy and smooth. Mix flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl; gradually beat flour mixture into creamed butter mixture until dough is smooth. Fold walnuts into the dough. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Roll cookie dough into 6 dozen small balls and place them 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Press the center of each ball using your thumb to form a small well. Fill the depressions with jam.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are light golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate and shortening together in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Drizzle melted white chocolate mixture over cookies.
- Cool cookies on the sheet for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (72 total)
- 117 cal
- 7 g
- 12.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"kids loved it too made it just as directed and they turned out great i made mine a bit bigger im guessing ended up with almost 4 dozen with the balls being 3/4 size :)..." See more"
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies IV
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.