Carne Asada Sandwich0 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 6 hr
“These Mexican-inspired sandwiches are spread with chipotle mayonnaise, filled with seasoned beef and melted cheese, and topped with avocado, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro.” - by Allrecipes
Original recipe yields 4 sandwiches
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/2 cup cilantro, green onions, 1 1/2 tablespoon ground chipotle peppers, 1 tablespoon lime juice, garlic basil spread, 1 teaspoon cumin, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate chipotle mayonnaise for at least 1 hour.
- Combine beef tri-tip, Anaheim chile peppers, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, juice of 1 lime, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, smoked paprika, and Mexican oregano in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate beef mixture for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until onions soften and become golden and beef browns, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in 1 cup chopped cilantro and jalapeno peppers.
- Spread each hoagie bun with 2 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise. Spoon beef mixture into buns and top each sandwich with 2 ounces Asiago cheese.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bread is toasted and warm, about 5 minutes. Divide fresh avocado, cherry tomatoes, and 1/2 cup cilantro over the 4 sandwiches.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 934 cal
- 63.4 g
- 46.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Sicilian Steak Sandwich
Just swipe to see more like this.