Ponzu Chicken Sandwich2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This is no ordinary chicken sandwich! Chicken breasts are marinated in ponzu sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, and herbs, then cooked together with onion, peppers, and cabbage, loaded into hoagie rolls, and topped with Swiss cheese.” - by Allrecipes
Original recipe yields 4 sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Combine ponzu sauce, 1 cup cilantro, pineapple juice, mint leaves, garlic, fresh ginger, sesame oil, chili oil, and brown sugar together in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Remove chicken from ponzu sauce mixture, reserving marinade. Heat large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in olive oil, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Pour reserved marinade into chicken mixture and bring to a boil. Stir in cabbage and cook until slightly wilted, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken mixture into toasted hoagie buns and top each sandwich with 3 slices Swiss cheese.
- Place sandwiches onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and buns are toasted, about 5 minutes. Garnish each sandwich with 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1/4 of the sesame seeds, and 1/4 of the chile-garlic sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 516 cal
- 21.7 g
- 52.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious.. just finished eating this and boy was it good! Couple minor tweaks.. marinated the chicken over night and went easy on the peppers. The chili sauce and lime put this over the top... dont ..." See moreleave them out, but use what you can tolerate"
"My family and I loved these sandwiches! I must confess my cilantro was out of a tube and I had to use dehydrated jalepeno, but still, the taste was wonderful. My chicken marinated for three hours, but..." See more longer would be even more flavorful, I'm sure. I thought the melted Swiss cheese was going to be weird on it but it worked. One thing I might try differently next time is slice the chicken so it will stay on the roll better. The cubes kept falling out or perhaps I will cut the cubes smaller. Do try the recipe and see what you think!"
Sicilian Steak Sandwich
Carne Asada Sandwich
Just swipe to see more like this.