Shorecook's Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti2 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 50 min
“A rich chocolate biscotti mixed with the flavor of peppermint. These are sized just like the ones you get in the coffee shop. When wrapped in cellophane bags, they are perfect for bake sales.” - by SHORECOOK
Original recipe yields 32 biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat white sugar, butter, and cocoa powder together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy and smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix chocolate liqueur and peppermint extract into the sugar-egg mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly mix flour mixture into sugar-egg mixture until fully incorporated; fold mint chocolate chips into the dough.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts and shape into logs. Arrange the logs on the prepared baking sheets.
- Dip a spatula in water and use it to smooth surface of the logs.
- Bake biscotti logs in the preheated oven until firm to the touch, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool biscotti logs completely on wire racks.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Cut biscotti logs into 3/4-inch slices and arrange on baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven until biscotti are dry, about 10 minutes per side. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Place candy melts in a wide microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until melted, about 2 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip cooled biscotti in the melted white candy; sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 386 cal
- 17.3 g
- 54.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I followed this recipe exactly. I am not sure where I went wrong but my biscotti was crumbly. However, the crumbs were delicious! I will try this again to see if I can perfect it because they are too ..." See moreyummy to give up on!"
Marietta's White Chocolate Macadamia Biscotti
Chocolate and Almond Biscotti
Just swipe to see more like this.