Jessica's Amazing Chocolate Mousse Pie1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“I just wanted a really good chocolate pie, but I also love chocolate mousse. Who doesn't? So, I started with a base recipe, but ended up adding my own ingredients and amounts to get the perfect chocolate mousse pie with chocolate whipped cream topping. Garnish with some finely chopped chocolate and fresh raspberries.” - by CampieGurl
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Chill a large bowl for about 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth, about 5 minutes; remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Whisk egg yolks into chocolate one at a time, allowing each yolk to blend completely before adding the next.
- Beat egg whites in another bowl until foamy. Beat in cream of tartar. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup white sugar until soft peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the tip of the peak formed by the egg whites should curl over slightly.
- Beat 1/2 cup heavy cream in chilled bowl until thickened. Add 2 tablespoons white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture until mousse is just blended. Spoon chocolate mousse into pie crust. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Beat 1 cup heavy cream, 1/3 cup white sugar, 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, and salt in bowl until soft peaks form. Spoon over chocolate mousse before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 546 cal
- 38.3 g
- 49.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This didn’t tighten up as much as I would have liked so I recommend beating the egg whites & cream to stiff peaks. Other than that, the flavor was wonderful. I put the chocolate whipped cream on the ..." See moreside and topped with regular whipped cream only because I thought it was prettier with the fruit I was serving. If you find that your dessert is too loose, just place it in the freezer and tell your guests it’s a “frozen mousse pie”. They’ll never know and it'll be fabulous."
Death by Chocolate Mousse
German Chocolate Angel Pie II
Just swipe to see more like this.