Elbows with Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts3 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“This healthy, comforting recipe uses PLUS multigrain pasta for added protein, fiber, and ALA Omega-3, and takes advantage of hearty wintry seasonal vegetables.” - by Barilla
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet saute onions in olive oil for 2-3 minutes or until slightly opaque. Add the butter.
- Add the cauliflower and Brussels sprouts and brown well, season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with wine and reduce until nearly dry.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
- Once pasta is cooked, add the pasta to the sauce and toss to combine. Add enough cooking water to make the sauce come together.
- Remove from heat and add Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Toss to combine.
- Top with parsley and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 609 cal
- 19.3 g
- 82.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Such a great way to use some of my favorite vegetables! I could not stop eating this!..." See more"
"This was so good...and versatile. Also good as leftovers! I substituted mushrooms for cauliflower - delicious! I didn't know what deglazing meant and googled it after it was too late. I just threw th..." See moree wine in with the vegetables instead of taking the vegetables out like you are supposed to when deglazing. It was still good. Also, I remembered I was supposed to save a cup of the pasta water as I was watching it all disappear down the drain! I ended up not adding any liquid and it was just fine. Also, since the carrots were not in the instructions, I forgot to add those. You probably just add them in with the other veggies though, right?"
Farfalle with Zucchini, Carrots, Fennel, Marjoram and Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
Pasta Bake with Broccoli and Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.