Grandma Edna's Christmas Cabbage1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“I've watched cabbage haters fall in love with this dish. Be sure to make enough!!” - by AMI13
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 6 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the melted butter until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and set aside several large leaves of cabbage. Core cabbage and cut into very fine shreds. Mix cooked onion, chopped cabbage, eggs, and milk together in bowl; transfer mixture to a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Cover mixture with reserved whole cabbage leaves.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cabbage mixture is cooked through and set, about 50 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir cracker crumbs in the melted butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cabbage leaves from top of casserole dish and sprinkle cabbage-egg mixture with buttered cracker crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is browned, about 10 more minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 223 cal
- 15.4 g
- 16.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I really like this even though I'm not a Huge cabbage fan. I made it for christmas eve and fiance liked it too. It's almost a comfort food. Made everything exactly as described except I only used 3/4 ..." See moreof a cabbage- not the largest one at the market either."
Norwegian Christmas Cabbage
Just swipe to see more like this.