Tomalito - Sweet Corn Pudding or Cake2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is that sweet corn pudding-type stuff they serve in Mexican restaurants like Chevy's. Yum! Serve using an ice cream scoop to get a nice round look. Be sure to share even though that will be REALLY hard to do!” - by SONJASTEIN
Original recipe yields 1 8x8-inch square pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat masa harina and water into creamed butter until smooth.
- Place 1 cup corn in a blender; blend until smooth. Stir blended corn, remaining 1 cup corn, and cornmeal into masa harina mixture.
- Mix sugar, cream, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Pour sugar mixture into corn mixture; stir to combine. Spoon corn batter into an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish. Smooth the top of the batter with a spatula. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Fill a 9x13-inch casserole dish 1/3 full of hot water. Place the covered 8-inch square dish into the water.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove 8x8-inch dish from water bath and let cool for 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 216 cal
- 13.5 g
- 24.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Simple and just as described......yummy! Thanks for sharing!..." See more"
"Just like what we find in the restaurants! The family LOVED it! I have a family of six and we ate it all and the kids were asking for more. Next time I'll be doubling the recipe. The only other chang..." See moree I'll be making is adding a tad more butter & cream to the recipe... I'd like it to hold it's shape from the ice cream scoop a little bit better. (It was a bit flaky and fell apart as soon as it was touched... but delicious anyway!)"
Sweet Corn Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.