Rudolph Noses0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“I took my grandmother's recipe for chocolate coconut macaroons and made them festive by adding half of a maraschino cherry to the top of each one. Her recipe called for 12 ounces of semisweet melted chocolate, but I used Hershey's® unsweetened cocoa powder instead because it's what I had on hand.” - by Kim
Original recipe yields 2 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line baking sheets with waxed paper.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form sharp peaks.
- Beat cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt into egg white mixture until incorporated; fold in coconut. Drop spoonfuls of coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until coconut starts to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Press a cherry half into the top of each macaroon; transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 90 cal
- 3.1 g
- 16.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Pina Colada Macaroons
Just swipe to see more like this.