My Meatball Lasagna1 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“With homemade Italian meatballs and a thick cheese layer and sauce, your mouth will be asking for more. For those who don't favor lasagna, this will definitely change your mind. Trust me.” - by Vera!
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch lasagna
- Soak bread slices in warm water in a bowl for 5 minutes; squeeze bread dry and transfer to a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic in hot butter until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic to bread. Stir 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning into bread and onions until thoroughly combined. Crumble ground beef into mixture; mix until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Form ground beef mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pan-fry meatballs until browned, working in batches if necessary, about 10 minutes, turning often. Set meatballs aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine prepared spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, and Cheddar cheese soup in a bowl. Combine ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and parsley in a separate bowl.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Layer 1/3 the lasagna noodles over the sauce, overlapping if necessary. Arrange meat balls over noodles. Place 1/3 the lasagna noodles over meat balls, and spread with cheese mixture in an even layer. Top cheese layer with remaining 1/3 the lasagna noodles and spread remaining sauce over top layer of noodles. Sprinkle top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake lasagna in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling and the topping is melted, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 631 cal
- 31.6 g
- 46.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Tons of flavor and depth! Rich and indulgent. It would be very easy to alter this recipe for taste preference, fat reduction, etc. It's bad enough when people significantly change a recipe and then ra..." See morete it, but who would rate a recipe he/she hasn't even tried? Doesn't it say, "have you tried this recipe?" Yeesh!"
Alysia's Basic Meat Lasagna
Italian Sausage Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.