Pecan Encrusted Stuffed Chicken Breasts2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Boneless chicken breasts are stuffed with cheese and stuffing mix and encrusted with a delicious pecan and bread crumb mixture.” - by Chad Hammond
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring water and butter to a boil in a saucepan; stir in stuffing mix. Cover and remove saucepan from heat. Let stand until water is absorbed, 5 minutes; fluff stuffing with a fork.
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Combine bread crumbs, pecans, salt, and pepper together in a third bowl.
- Fill each chicken breast with 1/4 of the stuffing and a provolone cheese slice. Roll each chicken breast around the filling; tie kitchen twine around each rolled breast to keep closed.
- Coat each chicken roll in flour; dip each chicken roll into whisked eggs. Press each chicken roll in the bread crumb-pecan mixture until fully coated.
- Pour canola oil into a large skillet to a depth of 1/4 inch and heat until little wisps of smoke rise from the oil.
- Fry coated chicken in the hot oil until crust is lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side; transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 831 cal
- 42.3 g
- 66.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Cornbread Dressing
Pecan Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Cream Cheese and Broccoli
Just swipe to see more like this.