Big Bad Burgers11 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“LOVE THESE! I chose all my favorite ingredients to create an explosion of flavor in every bite. These are burgers I'm known for. An explosion in your mouth.” - by SARAHCHRISTINE
Original recipe yields 4 burgers
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook and stir onion and mushrooms in melted butter until the onions are very tender and beginning to brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle brown sugar over the mixture and continue cooking until the onions caramelize, 5 to 10 minutes more; remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, horseradish, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, dried onion, salt, and black pepper in a bowl; shape into 4 patties about 6 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick.
- Cook burgers on preheated grill until completely browned, about 3 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium and cook burgers another 3 minutes per side, topping each burger with a slice of pepperjack cheese for the last minute of cooking.
- Top each burger with about 1/4 of the mushroom and onion mixture, 3 pieces of bacon, and 1 tablespoon guacamole to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 559 cal
- 36.2 g
- 24.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"One bad burger is correct. I would suggest using a whole onion to make sure there is enough topping for four burgers. My husband and son kept raving about how good they were. The only thing I didn't h..." See moreave and this is a biggie, and my husband's fault, was the bacon. He said we had some...which we did but it was frozen solid, so I had to make without it. Like the previous review, just the burger alone is great, so even without the bacon tasted great. Thanks SarahChristine, we will make these again...with bacon of course. :-P"
"We LOVED these! The burger, itself was so moist and flavorful that it almost didn't need anything else. Combined w/ the sweet mushrooms and onions (which I added a bit of salt and pepper to), and the ..." See moresalty bacon, this was a winning combination! I love guacamole, but I really could've left it out...it didn't hurt it at all, but I don't really think that it added anything special. I mixed up my burgers and shaped them the night before to allow the flavors to blend. I will def be making these again and again~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)"
Big Smokey Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.