Siri's Heart Sugar Cookies2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 12 min
- Ready In: 32 min
“This recipe I revised from my grandma's Christmas angel roll-out cookies. They are sort of cakey, but this can be reduced by omitting half of the cream of tartar, though I prefer them thick and soft. Top with your favorite cream cheese or basic cookie frosting. I find it's best with almond extract and coconut on top. Enjoy!” - by LITTLEBAKERSIRI
Original recipe yields 15 large servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until fluffy. Add 1 egg, allowing it to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next with the vanilla extract.
- Dissolve cream of tartar in milk; beat into the butter mixture. Add 4 cups flour and pinch of salt; beat until doughy.
- Spread 1 cup flour onto a flat work surface. Roll the dough out on the prepared surface; cut out in desired shapes until all dough is used.
- Bake on non-stick baking sheets in preheated oven until cookies are set in the middle, about 12 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 288 cal
- 9.3 g
- 45.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This is an EXCELLENT recipe! I added a little salt but that is all I did differently. The dough was very easy to handle and I believe this will become a go to recipe for sugar cookies...." See more"
"My cookies didn't look like the previous baker's photo! Mine turned out very puffy and were done in 8 minutes--they would have burned in the stated 12 minutes. I knew these cookies were going to be ..." See morecakey, but I felt that there wasn't enough flavor to the cookie itself---they relied too much on the frosting to make them tasty. I kept going over the recipe to make sure I'd done it correctly, too. Sorry about this review sounding negative. I love cookies!"
Piggies (Sugar and Cinnamon Pie Dough Cookies)
Becky's Sugary Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.