Pancetta-Wrapped Haddock with Lemon Aioli and Roasted Asparagus5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“An easy and simple dish that is dressy enough for company or the holidays. It never fails to please guests but keeps your deli person busy with the waxed paper! The hardest part of this dish really is just wrapping the fish, which does not require any culinary skill whatsoever. Cod, sole, or similar white fish work equally well. Use dry sherry in place of white wine if desired.” - by Chef Karen Calabro
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic in a bowl; refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Move an oven rack into the middle of oven and place another rack into top third; preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lay asparagus spears in a row onto a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray; sprinkle with sea salt.
- Drizzle haddock fillets with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper and rosemary. Wrap each fillet loosely with 3 slices pancetta bacon, wrapping bacon so that ends meet over skinned side of fillets. Place fillets into a 9x13-inch baking dish with bacon ends on the bottom. Pour white wine around the fillets.
- Place fish onto lower rack of preheated oven and bake for 7 minutes. Place asparagus onto upper rack of oven. Continue baking until pancetta is browned, fish is opaque and flakes easily, and asparagus are lightly browned on the tips, 7 to 8 more minutes.
- Stir warm water into lemon aioli sauce until sauce is pourable; pour about 2 tablespoons sauce onto each of 4 serving dishes. Arrange haddock fillets onto sauce and spread 1/4 of the roasted asparagus in a fan shape next to each fillet.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 484 cal
- 33.7 g
- 7.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I too made a couple simple substitutions (cod and bacon instead of haddock and pancetta) because of what I had on hand. Everyone wanted more! My boyfriend said it was almost like eating crab. Great..." See more recipe, Thanks for sharing!!!"
"Tried this out on my friends all enjoyed it, had wine with this a white crisp dry wine, and it is a keeper..." See more"
Roasted Asparagus Prosciutto and Egg
Roasted Eggplant and Asparagus Pasta Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.