Chocolate Covered Bacon Strips0 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is the perfect marriage. The sweetness of chocolate and the saltiness of bacon. What could be better?” - by Denise
Original recipe yields 12 skewers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place a baking rack on top of a large baking sheet.
- Thread each slice of bacon onto a skewer; place skewered bacon on the baking rack.
- Bake bacon in the preheated oven until crisp; 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each interval.
- Coat each side of the skewered bacon with the chocolate mixture using a pastry brush. Place coated bacon on a sheet of waxed paper. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 126 cal
- 9.1 g
- 9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Spiced Bacon Twists
Taffy Chocolate Covered Almonds
Just swipe to see more like this.